To ensure the impact of a data breach is contained as much as possible, it’s important that every organisation that processes personal data, establish a data breach response plan.
Once a personal data breach has happened, the situation must be quickly assessed to determine whether the notification requirement has been triggered.
As a client’s outsourced DPO, HewardMills develops the data breach response plan and carries out this assessment as and when it is necessary. We advise our clients to:
- Understand the flow of personal data through its organisation
- Ensure that security measures are in place for the protection of personal data and that they are regularly tested
- Regularly conduct staff training and awareness
- Put in place clear policies and procedures regarding the handling of personal data breaches
- Create an environment where data protection is embedded in the culture of the organisation
- Abide by the principle of transparency and accountability
- Stay vigilant in an ever-changing landscape
HewardMills helps its clients to comply with data protection regulations, including: GDPR, ePrivacy laws, local laws (for multi-jurisdictional organisations), cybersecurity requirements, as well as legal and regulatory requirements arising from emerging technologies such as blockchain.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of data protection practitioners, lawyers, corporate governance and cyber security experts, with a wealth of knowledge delivering data protection excellence and trust to you and your organisation.
If you would like to learn more about how HewardMills helps organisations handle and process data safely, securely and responsibly in line with international policies and regulations, please get in touch via telephone (+44 (0) 20 3367 1245 or +353 (0) 1669 4642), or email email@example.com today.